Thursday, March 15, 2018

First 2018 Make Nine Finished

Finally made my first Make Nine for 2018. I chose New Look 6556 view B. I forced myself to use fabric I already had and that was hard because part of the excitement for me is shopping for the fabric.  I just have so much fabric I just couldn't buy any more. Had the elastic, thread and buttons too. The fabric is 100% cotton and the wrong side looks just like the right side. The fabric is some years old but I still like the color and I love the way the romper turned out. It's a loose-fitting and so so comfortable. Cotton rompers are the way to go when you live in SE Texas so I look forward to wearing it throughout the summer. It was such an easy pattern I finished it within a couple of hours. I do regret adding the pocket to the bodice because the fabric lines just don't match. In order to get the pocket from the amount of fabric that I had I had to place the pocket pattern in a different area of the fabric so I wasn't able to match the lines of the bodice and pocket.  Lines not matching does kinda of bug me a bit but I prefer a pocket even if it the lines don't match. That will sometimes happen if you don't have enough of fabric with lines.




No comments:

Post a Comment