Monday, May 13, 2019

May Makes

I made this blouse using Butterick B6455 view B. I really like how the sleeves have
ties which means more room for my arms. I bought the fabric that was folded  in a plastic bag along with matching thread at a thrift store. You never know what you'll fine.



The following blouse was made using McCall's 7997. It's a very old pattern and no longer available although you might find it on Ebay or Etsy. The fabric was from my stash.




I wore a lot of peasant blouses and skirts back in the 70's and to this day I still like them. Alot! I was going through my big container of old patterns and found a very very old blouse pattern and I just so happened to have the perfect fabric for it. Pattern is as Easy McCall's 4897. It's super easy except that you have to cut a casing for the elastic that you insert in the neckline. Pattern tells you to sew the casing by machine of course but then to turn it towards the wrong side and hand stitch it on sewing line. That took forever and that's because I'm an experienced seamstress. I'll have to find an easier way next time. I'm thinking if it's sewn by machine it might not look as neat but you can't really see the stitching because of the elastic gathering.



I bought this fabric way before I made the blouse above as a matter of fact I made the yellow blouse to go with this fabric. I'm making a three tiered skirt that I will be lining because the fabric is pretty thin. I've never lined a skirt so I still don't know what fabric I'll be using for that. The more I look at the skirt pattern the more I'm asking myself if I really want to wear a maxi skirt during summer in Texas and not only a skirt but a lined skirt.










No comments:

Post a Comment