Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Pleated Sleeves?

I made this blouse with McCalls M7899 view B.This is a very different blouse style for me because of the pleated sleeves. I almost didn't buy the pattern cause I thought they looked kinda weird but I also liked them so why not. The sleeves were very time consuming because there were 6 pleats in each sleeve and each pleat had to be sewn about 7 inches in length, to about half the sleeve and in order to get perfect pleats you have to pin every single one. Once I got done with the pleats the rest was very easy. There was no need for buttonholes nor zipper. The only thing needed was a hook and eye on the top back. I was going to add elastic to the sleeves but I decided against it since summer is practically here and in Texas I'll need some air circulating within the sleeves. Fabric being rayon doesn't help either. I'm willing to make another blouse using this pattern but I think I'll use a soft cotton next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment